How to submit and update events
Sign in using your WVU Login credentials and click on the button labeled Submit an event.
- Populate the event form with as much information as possible and be sure to set a descriptive title, select a department, and complete other classification details as appropriate. You'll also need to include a plain-text summary of your event description for use on the InfoStations digital signage network where indicated.
- Click on the button labeled Submit Event to complete your event submission.
Important tasks to complete when creating an event in this system:
- Location - Experience - Make sure you're using this field to say if it's In-Person, Virtual, or a Hybrid event
- Location - Event Place - Type out the name of the building, and it should show up. It doesn't work with location acronym.
- Photo - Do not use photos with text in the photo. Do use an image that depicts your event, even if it is a more generic stock photo.
- Use as many classification types on the event as necessary (event type, audience, topic, etc). The more complete the event is filled out, the more likely it is to be posted on different calendars and promoted throughout WVU.
- IMPORTANT classification type: Departments - choose both Benjamin M. Statler College... AND your department. This system doesn't use the college>department hierarchy as the other system did. This will filter will ensure your event shows up on websites, InfoStations and the Monday morning Statler College Events email.
- Keywords- for common misspellings and SEO, only - these keywords are not going to be visible to the public.
- Tags - visible to the public. Be sure to use this consistently if you are making events for a specific group that isn't found under Departments. Events for groups should pick and use a consistent tag so that your events can be found - such as robotics, DEI, or NASA. Tags are also useful for ongoing lecture or seminar series, or events that happen often but are not consecutive events.